McCutcheon/Mount Vernon Farmers Market adds new vendors for extended season
Of the 10 farmers markets operated by Fairfax County, the McCutcheon/Mount Vernon market is open the longest — through Wednesday, Dec. 21. The market’s extended season officially kicks off Nov. 30 and will feature some new vendors, as well as several regular-season vendors that are sticking around through the end of the season.
New vendors include the following:
- Kochany Wellness – a Loudoun County-based small business that crafts beverages from local and seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Luke & Son for Global Food – a Chantilly-based mobile food company specializing in Egyptian and other homemade fare using fresh, local produce and no artificial flavors
- Chefs and Foodies – gourmet frozen Chinese meals and Dim Sum that can quickly be microwaved or reheated on the stove
- BOSO Foods – a Burke-based business specializing in nuts flavored with select spices and roasted in small batches, as well as bean soups
- Beechwood Orchards – a family-owned farm in Pennsylvania that sells fruits and vegetables
- WeGrow Company – a provider of microgreens that will soon launch a farm-to-table store offering hyperlocal, homegrown food and products
Returning vendors include:
The McCutcheon/Mount Vernon Farmers Market is held in the parking lot of Sherwood Regional Library at 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to noon.