Mount Vernon Town Meeting to feature cuisine from around the corridor
Nearly a dozen local restaurants will participate in the “Taste of Mount Vernon” following the Saturday, Feb. 11 town meeting hosted by Mount Vernon District Supervisor Dan Storck.
From noon to 1:30 p.m., attendees of the 36th Annual Mount Vernon Town Meeting at Mount Vernon High School will have the opportunity to try free samples of Richmond Highway Corridor cuisine in the school cafeteria. Restaurants participating in the tasting event include:
- America’s Best Wings (7696C Richmond Highway)
- Capital Chicken (7698B Richmond Highway)
- Della J’s Delectables (7692 Richmond Highway)
- Dishes of India (1510A Belle View Boulevard)
- Domino’s (8641 Richmond Highway)
- Dos Jefes Tex-Mex (2249 Huntington Avenue)
- La Brasa Chicken (7738 Gunston Plaza)
- McAlister’s Deli (7704A Richmond Highway)
- Moe’s Southwest Grill (7698 Richmond Highway)
- Momo & Poke (8733-B Cooper Road)
- Skrimp Shack (7700E Richmond Highway)
Besides the food sampling event, the town meeting will feature an exhibit hall from 7:45 to 9:25 a.m. and a program from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Speakers include Storck, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chair Jeff McKay, County Executive Bryan Hill, Police Chief Kevin Davis, Mount Vernon District School Board Member Karen Corbett Sanders, Fairfax County Public Schools Superintendent Michelle Reid, Congressman Gerry Connolly and Congressman Don Beyer.